FMCSA Clearning House Training for Employers
This brief 30-minute online course will review fundamental information regarding the FMCSA Clearinghouse terms and protocols. Students who complete this course will be well-equipped to register for, utilize, and comply with all of the mandates for FMCSA Clearinghouse use.
The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires that covered organizations utilize the FMCSA Clearinghouse to conduct queries on driver history for previous employer violations, record driver history, check records annually, and report violations to the Clearinghouse when they occur. While some of these responsibilities can be delegated to a Third Party Administrator (TPA), the employer retains full responsibility for compliance with the regulations.
The FMCSA Clearinghouse Training for Employers course is designed to assist employers in every aspect of the Clearinghouse process from registration to limited queries, full queries, reporting violations, and designating Third Party Administrators where applicable. Trained Clearinghouse users are more likely to avoid making costly mistakes that result in fines, penalties, and/or employee lawsuits.
Students learn at their own pace with our thorough online training program that uses videos, documents, resources, and PowerPoint presentations. Also included are resources, reference materials, and helpful guides to assist in registering for and complying with Clearinghouse mandates. A certificate of completion can be downloaded immediately after passing the online exam.
The DOT requires that all trucking companies covered by FMCSA drug and alcohol testing regulations register for the FMCSA Clearinghouse online database. Register today for FMCSA Clearinghouse Training for Employers, a DOT and FMSCA-compliant program.
The United States Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has mandated that all employers register for and utilize the FMCA Clearinghouse. This self-paced online training course provides training for employers on:
- How the Clearinghouse came to be
- The benefits of the Clearinghouse
- The responsibilities of employers in the use of the Clearinghouse
- How and when employers should transition from manual driver checks of the past
- The responsibilities of employees in the use of the Clearinghouse
- The procedures employers must follow in implementing Clearinghouse mandates
- The documentation necessary to maintain compliance with the DOT FMCSA Clearinghouse regulations
The course also includes a full library of downloadable reference materials for the use of the Clearinghouse website and troubleshooting information for users who have difficulty using the system.
- Successful Clearinghouse training students will be able to register for, utilize, and comply with all of the mandates for FMCSA Clearinghouse use.
- Successful students will be able to express an understanding of Clearinghouse terms and the protocols involved with the DOT and FMCSA regulations by completing an online quiz with 75% or greater proficiency.