DOT Urine Specimen Collector Error Correction Training
DOT certificates are also valid in Canada and any country that uses US DOT regulations.
DOT Error Correction Training for Urine Specimen Collectors is a 1-hour online training course that meets DOT requirements for error correction following a fatal flaw in collection. DOT mandates that the training occurs within 30 days of the notification date of a fatal flaw.
DOT Error Correction Training for Urine Specimen Collectors course meets the Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements for error collection training following a fatal flaw in collection. It must be completed any time a collector makes a mistake in the urine specimen collection process that causes a test to be cancelled (i.e., a fatal or uncorrected flaw). Collectors must go through the retraining within 30 days of the date they are notified of a fatal flaw.
This course reviews a number of mistakes that can lead to a fatal flaw in collection, including: forgetting to sign and print the collector’s name on the Federal Drug Testing Custody and Control Form (CCF), a sample sent to the laboratory without a corresponding CCF, no sample or insufficient sample remitted to the laboratory either due to leakage or collector error, a broken seal on the specimen bottles received by the laboratory, mismatch of specimen ID numbers on the specimen bottle and the CCF, and more.
Students learn at their own pace with our comprehensive online training program that uses videos, documents, and resources. All training material, including supplies and forms needed for demonstrations, are sent directly to the student. Also included at no extra charge are virtual Mock Demonstrations (Mocks) conducted by webcam. A certificate of completion can be downloaded immediately after successfully completing the course.
DOT Error Correction Training for Urine Specimen Collectors qualifies for mandated error-correction training following a fatal flaw and is DOT-compliant. Register today to complete required retraining in urine specimen collection!
This course is designed to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 40.33(f) for error correction training. Error correction training is required when a collector causes a DOT drug test to be canceled. Part 40 Provides:
"If you make a mistake in the collection process that causes a test to be cancelled (i.e., a fatal or uncorrected flaw), you must undergo error correction training. This training must occur within 30 days of the date you are notified of the error that led to the need for retraining.
(1) Error correction training must be provided and your proficiency documented in writing by a person who meets the requirements of paragraph (c)(2) of this section.
(2) Error correction training is required to cover only the subject matter area(s) in which the error that caused the test to be cancelled occurred.
(3) As part of the error correction training, you must demonstrate your proficiency in the collection procedures of this part by completing three consecutive error-free mock collections. The mock collections must include one uneventful scenario and two scenarios related to the area(s) in which your error(s) occurred. The person providing the training must monitor and evaluate your performance and attest in writing that the mock collections were “error-free.” "
- Trainees will learn to successfully and flawlessly conduct a urine specimen collection under the guidelines as set forth in the Department of Transportation’s 49 CFR Part 40 guidelines for collection.
- Trainees will learn how to utilize the resources provided when conducting a drug screening collection when necessary.