Companies often have a duty to test their employees for recreational and illegal substances to ensure that they (and their...
Bloodborne Pathogen Training
Under United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standard 1910.1030(g)(2)(ii)(B), employers must conduct annual training for any employee subject to potential occupational exposure to bloodborne, airborne, and/or droplet pathogens. This course is designed to comply with this training standard for both initial and recurrent training in conjunction with the facility’s Exposure Control Plan (ECP).
Volume Discounts Automatically Appling During Registration
1-4 Credits $44.00
5-9 Credits $39.71
10-19 Credits $35.42
20-29 Credits $31.13
20+ Credits $26.84
SCORM FILE CALL 1-888-390-5574
Why is this training important?
- Improves health and safety in the workplace which increases efficiency and morale and keeps insurance premiums low;
- OSHA has the ability to fine employersup to $13,494 per violation of an OSHA standard;
- Healthcare workers who understand how these pathogens operate are in a better position to assist patients who may be affected; and
- Medical errors are now believed to be the third leading cause of death in the United States, help prevent pathogen-related errors at your facility with adequate training.
This course covers necessary aspects to bloodborne pathogen control and prevention including:
- The risk of occupational exposure to bloodborne, airborne or droplet pathogens as a healthcare worker;
- What types of pathogens can be transmitted through blood, air, and droplet;
- How to prevent exposure;
- What an Exposure Control Plan is and how to maintain it; and
- What to do if you believe you may have been exposed to a bloodborne, airborne or droplet pathogen at work.
The concepts, principles, and procedures discussed in this course derive from OSHA regulation Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 1910.1030. This course is designed to accompany a custom Exposure Control Plan as mandated by OSHA Standard 1910.1030(c)(1)(i) for any “reasonably anticipated skin, eye, mucous membrane, or parenteral contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials that may result from the performance of an employee’s duties.” (see “Occupational Exposure” OSHA Standard 1910.1030(b)). When provided in conjunction with an appropriate Exposure Control Plan, this course complies with the training requirements of OSHA Standard 1910.1030(g)(2)(vii).
Working in a drug testing facility that doesn’t involve medical treatment? Check out our Bloodborne Pathogen Training for Collectors course instead!
Why enroll in the Bloodborne Pathogens, Airborne & Droplet Transmitted Diseases for Healthcare Workers course?
- Our course credits never expire. Buy the course now and take as long as you need to get started; work at your own pace and finish as fast or slow as you want to.
- Training is required at upon assignment to tasks at occupational risk of exposure and then at least every year thereafter or when changes to tasks or procedures that may affect occupational exposure according to OSHA Standard 1910.1030(g)(2)(ii)(A)-(B) and 1910.1030(g)(2)(v).
- Volume discounts for multiple learners are available.
- Purchasing two or more courses automatically allows for a Manager account where course invitations can be sent, progress can be monitored, and certificates can be downloaded for training records.
- Completing this course will grant you access to an instant, downloadable certificate and a free dynamic website trust seal that you can use to show the world that you are committed to the highest training standards and to ensuring a drug-free workplace
Have questions? Give us a call at 1-888-390-5574.
This course meets or exceeds the training requirements in all 50 states and for the following federal agencies:
Minimum Technology Requirements
- A computer or mobile device that is less than 5 years old.
- Speakers, headphones, or earbuds to listen to audio
- Webcam for interacting with instructors during mock collection (this only applies to courses with mock collections)
- Internet Browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, are preferred to download these browsers visit Mozilla Firefox (latest version) – Download or Google Chrome (latest version) – Download
- Adobe Acrobat Reader(latest version) can be used for viewing PDF files offline (outside of a web browser). –
- A stable high-speed Internet connection or greater is required.
- If using Internet Explorer, please upgrade to Microsoft Edge since Microsoft has discontinued the use of Internet Explorer.
Course Features & FAQ
This course meets or exceeds the training requirements in all 50-states, the following federal agencies: FMCSA, FAA, FTA, FRA, USCG, PHMSA, and other counties that use the DOT guidelines.
Live Customer Support
Students, managers and supervisors can contact us, chat with a us-based trainer to answer questions for the duration of the course by calling 1-888-390-5574, using our in-application live chat, or sending an email and we will respond within 60-minites during of regular business hours.
Learn Anytime & Anywhere
Our courses only expire when you're finished with the course, this means that employees don’t feel rushed into “cramming” for a course only to forget the material a week later and therefore perform better in practice and make fewer mistakes than in traditional training environments.
Credits Never Expire
Unused course credits never expire, so feel free to order bulk credits to receive maximum discounts.
Instant Course Access
Employees receive instant course access right after registration or invitation sent by a training manager, or supervisor.
Same-day certificate issuance after completing a course, downloadable in PDF format & printable.
Instant Manager Accounts
When a employer purchases two or more credits we will automatically create a manager account which can then be used to invite employee, keep all training certificates in one place that will help you stay compliant and well prepared for a audit conduct by the DOT.
Volume discounts for credits are automatically applied during the checkout process. Did you know that course credits never expire so feel free to purchase credits in bulk.
Approved for CE Credits
We are an Approved Education Provider with many human resources certification organizations, licensing bodies and regulatory agencies throughout the world and we offer continuing education credits (CE Credits) with the majority of our courses.
Employers can purchase training and reference books which will assist students and supervisors in understanding the regulations involved for each applicable DOT sub agency including the FMCSA, FAA, FRA, FTA, PHMSA and USCG.
Legal Research on Bloodborne Pathogen Training
There are three types of training required for DOT Urine Specimen Collectors, Breath Alcohol Technicians (BATs), and...
The Fourth Amendment – a right recognized in the United States Constitution which allows the American people to...
Toilet “hats” are collection devices which aid the donor in providing a urine specimen for testing. They fit on the rim of...