- Bloodborne, Airborne, & Droplet Pathogen Training Course
Bloodborne, Airborne, & Droplet Pathogen Training Course
Under United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Standard 1910.1030(g)(2)(ii)(B), employers must conduct annual Bloodborne Pathogen Training for any employee subject to potential occupational exposure to bloodborne, airborne, and/or droplet pathogens. This course is designed to comply with this training standard for both initial and recurrent training in conjunction with the facility’s Exposure Control Plan (ECP).
Why is this training important?
- Improves health and safety in the workplace which increases efficiency and morale and keeps insurance premiums low;
- OSHA has the ability to fine employers up to $13,494 per violation of an OSHA standard;
- Healthcare workers who understand how these pathogens operate are in a better position to assist patients who may be affected; and
- Medical errors are now believed to be the third leading cause of death in the United States, help prevent pathogen-related errors at your facility with adequate training.
This course covers necessary aspects to bloodborne pathogen control and prevention including:
- The risk of occupational exposure to bloodborne, airborne or droplet pathogens as a healthcare worker;
- What types of pathogens can be transmitted through blood, air, and droplet;
- How to prevent exposure;
- What an Exposure Control Plan is and how to maintain it; and
- What to do if you believe you may have been exposed to a bloodborne, airborne or droplet pathogen at work.
The concepts, principles, and procedures discussed in this course derive from OSHA regulation Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 1910.1030. This course is designed to accompany a custom Exposure Control Plan as mandated by OSHA Standard 1910.1030(c)(1)(i) for any “reasonably anticipated skin, eye, mucous membrane, or parenteral contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials that may result from the performance of an employee’s duties.” (see “Occupational Exposure” OSHA Standard 1910.1030(b)). When provided in conjunction with an appropriate Exposure Control Plan, this course complies with the training requirements of OSHA Standard 1910.1030(g)(2)(vii).
Working in a drug testing facility that doesn’t involve medical treatment? Check out our Bloodborne Pathogen Training for Collectors course instead!
- Successful students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of risks, preventative, and remedial measures for potential occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens, airborne and droplet transmitted diseases with a 70% proficiency.
- Successful students will be able to express an understanding of industry terms and the protocols involved by completing an online quiz with 75% or greater proficiency.
Created by Attorneys
This course and its supplemental resources were created and reviewed by our team of attorneys.
Live Customer Support
Students, managers and supervisors can contact us, chat with a us-based trainer to answer questions for the duration of the course by calling 1-888-390-5574, using our in-application live chat, or sending an email and we will respond within 60-minites during of regular business hours.
Learn Anytime & Anywhere
Our courses only expire when you're finished with the course, this means that employees don’t feel rushed into “cramming” for a course only to forget the material a week later and therefore perform better in practice and make fewer mistakes than in traditional training environments.
Credits Never Expire
Unused course credits never expire, so feel free to order bulk credits to receive maximum discounts.
Same-day certificate issuance after completing a course, downloadable in PDF format & printable.
1 Hour of Learning
This course may take longer or shorter depending on student pace, reading, and comprehension level.
Instant Course Access
Employees receive instant course access right after registration or invitation sent by a training manager, or supervisor.
Instant Manager Accounts
When a employer purchases two or more credits we will automatically create a manager account which can then be used to invite employee, keep all training certificates in one place that will help you stay compliant and well prepared for a audit conduct by the DOT.
Volume discounts for credits are automatically applied during the checkout process. Did you know that course credits never expire so feel free to purchase credits in bulk.
Share This Course